Interesting Facts About Blogs
While I was driving my son to work on day this past week.
I started thinking about blogs. I actually started out thinking about my own blog and what I was going to write in my post for the week.
This lead me to think about the people behind all of these blogs we see on the internet. I started wondering just who all of these people were and what their motivation behind blogging was.
When I got home I started looking for facts about blogs thinking it would make a great post sometime.
I found this infographic that I thought was really interesting. It is a couple of years old so the facts may have changed some by now but it gives a great insight into the bloggers behind the blogs.
Did you know…
- There were 164 million blogs in July of 2011.
- 49% of Bloggers are from USA
- 15% of Bloggers live in California
- 64% of Bloggers blog as a hobby
- Only 1/3 of all bloggers are women
- Most bloggers are between 25 and 44 years old
- 66% blog for personal satisfaction
- Only 11% actually make any money blogging.
- 40% of all blogs use WordPress
- Search engines followed by social media are the larges sources of traffic.
Like I said at the beginning I am sure these statistics have changed a little over the past couple of years but it is still interesting to see just who the bloggers are and why they blog.
Over To You…
What do you think about the statistics? Do you know of any more current statistics?
I love comments so let me know what you think.
If you find this post interesting, please share it with your friends.