I don’t know a better way to end one year and start another than to have the privilege of being nominated as the recipient of the “Sunshine Award” by three fellow bloggers.
I want to thank Adrienne, Barry and Randy for this great honor. I met all three of these people at the very beginning of my blogging journey and feel very honored to be nominated by each of them.
Now as my first post in the New Year I have the privilege of nominating 10 to 12 of my fellow bloggers for this award.
What is the Sunshine Award?
When I found out that I had been nominated for this award I really had no idea what it was. After reading Adrienne’s post I had a pretty good idea as she does a great job of explaining it. I also Googled it to see what I would come up with.
Like Adrienne I found there are a large number of awards with the name “Sunshine Award”. This “Sunshine Award” is for bloggers. I did go and look at several other blogs which were also nominated for the ”Sunshine Award”, just to see what others had posted about it.
So just what is this ”Sunshine Award”? What I did find out in my search was that this award is for “bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blogosphere.” What could be better than to get an award like that.
Rules of the Sunshine Award
Yes, there are rules that come with this award. Along with honor comes obligation but, the rules are very simple and easy to carry out.
Rule #1: Thank the person(s) who gave you the award.
Rule #2: Answer 10 questions
Rule #3: Pass the award on to 10-12ish deserving bloggers
10 Questions to Answer
1. Favorite color – Red or a variation of red because it is a bright, warm color.
2. Favorite animal – Horses because they are such magnificent animals, have great personalities and having a relationship with one is a life changing experience.
3. Favorite number – 7 because it is the number of days in the week.
4. Favorite drink – Iced Caramel Macchiato - I love coffee.
5. Facebook or Twitter – Facebook because there is more interaction with people there.
6. My passion – Helping people, meeting new people and traveling.
7. Giving or receiving gifts – I would have to definitively say Giving. I love to give.
8. Favorite day – Sunday because I can rest and enjoy going to Church.
9. Favorite flower – Rose – they smell so good and are so beautiful
10. Favorite food – I love going to the Mongolian Barbecue.
Nominate my 10 to 12 bloggers for this great award.
Just as a disclaimer this list is in no particular order and I am sure there are many more blogs out there that I could have nominated.
All of these are all great people to get to know. They are all very willing to help you with any problem and they all have fabulous blogs that are well worth checking out.
1. Adrienne Smith of AdrienneSmith -Adrienne nominated me but I am going to nominate her back. When I started blogging I was extremely impressed with her blog. Her desire to help other people just radiates out of her blog. She is a fabulous blogger and comments on more blogs than I can count. I think Barry said once that most every blog he goes to he finds a comment from Adrienne. I would have to agree with Barry.
2. Barry Wells of Barry-Wells -Barry also nominated me but I am going to nominate him back as well. I think Barry’s blog was the first one that I commented on. I was so nervous to write that comment. One of my fears is writing things down for others to read. He was so kind and helpful. I think he not only helped me out in his reply to my comment but also sent me an email suggesting places I could go to learn more about blogging.
3. Sally Neill of SallyNeill – I first met Sally during the time that I was using Alex Jeffreys course. Sally did all of the videos for him and she did a superb job of it. I learned how to start blogging and what blog hopping was from Sally. Then was the scary part, I had to go out and do what she told me to do. I did it though and it worked. I am still following Sally. I am now participating in her course “Learn With Sally” which is stuffed full of how to’s for even the experienced blogger.
4. Cheryl Marble of Coffee With Cheryl - Cheryl and I have been friends for several years now. We met online when we both participated in a training together. Interestingly, the training was being offered by a scammer. Needless to say we figured out what was going on before he scammed us. Like the old saying “something good always comes out of everything.” I left that training with several very good friends. Cheryl and I got into blogging at about the same time but ended up in different niches. Cheryl has a blog in the “moms” niche. Cheryl is a whiz at the techie stuff and is who I always call when ever I need something hacked (lol).
5. Randy Smith of Randy Smith. Randy also nominated me for this award but I have to nominate him back. When I was very new to blogging Randy called me from John Thornhill’s office about an offer John had. I did not want to participate in that offer right then but Randy talked to me for nearly an hour answering many of my questions. Randy also has a meet up once a month in the UK where any internet marketer can come, network and learn from others. Randy has been very helpful to me and I love his blog.
6. Ileane Smith of BasicBlogTips - I went to Ileane’s blog very early on in my blogging experience also. I have learned so much from this blog. I extremely impressed the first time I ever visited her blog. She had written a post on how to put certain pictures in the row of 5 pictures at the top of the Facebook page. I did not know how to do this and have gone back to that post several times to relearn it. Ileane also has many guest bloggers who are all very interesting. I learn something every time I go to Ileane’s blog.
7. Linda Bond of Build Online Businesses Now – Linda is another one that I met along the way blog hopping. Linda participated in Alex Jeffreys course the same time as I did but, I really did not meet her until I started blog hopping. Linda always has interesting posts and does not hesitate to say what she thinks. I like that quality in her. I have enjoyed Linda’s blog and learn something when ever I visit her blog.
8. Dawn Kay of Dawn Kay’s Blog – Dawn is a fabulous person. I first met Dawn blog hopping and was so impressed with her skills in transcription. Most recently I have become better aquinted with Dawn in Sally’s course “Learn With Sally”. Dawn helps Sally out with the help desk for ”Learn With Sally” so I have talked to her several times when asking for help. She is always right there to help me and makes sure I understand everything.
9. Kathy Dobson of Kathy Dobson’s Blog -I met Kathy blog hopping also. I have enjoyed watching Kathy do her challenges. I don’t think I have participated in any but have watched just how she does them and am learning. I also so enjoyed learning about Kathy’s Niche Business she has online. I think I just learn something every time I visit.
10. Ian Ieba of Ian Ieba Blog – I used to be about the same spot as Ian in John Thornhill’s Master Class until I lagged behind because I could not figure out what to do my eBook on. (I now know what it is on I just have to complete it). I saw Ian in the Master Class forum as well as blogging. I have learned a lot from Ian about PLR and have come to realize that this guy is a PLR expert.
11. Mouh Azizoun of Effortless Ebook Writing Blog – I met Mouh blog hopping and very quickly realized that his was a blog I wanted to visit regularly. He always has posts about great little gadgets to use while blogging. Most of these gadgets are free. I always come away from his blog with something useful. Mouh is not at his blog right now as he has moved to another country and is getting settled in.
There you have it, 11 people nominated for the “Sunshine Award”. I think all of these blogs fit the criterial for this award, “bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blogosphere.” I am always inspired when I visit these blogs.
As always I love comments. Leave me a commentand let me know what you are thinking.